Classic Car Insurance in Michigan
Protect Your Classic Cars with Insurance
Classic or antique cars are more than a simple vehicle; they are a substantial investment and more of a piece of drivable art. They generally take a lot of time and money to restore and keep in pristine condition. As such, it is crucial to protect them with an insurance policy. Before you start shopping for insurance, you need to be sure you look for the right type. For a car to be considered a classic or antique car for Michigan insurance policies, it must meet specific criteria:
- It is considered classic if it is 10-24 years old and has what is known as historical interest. These would include those such as muscle cars or hot rods.
- A car is considered an antique if it is 25 years or older and has historical interest. Classic cars that are more than 25 years old fit into the antique category as well.
- The car must be stored in an enclosed space or building.
- It cannot be your “everyday” car- you should limit your use of it to help retain its value.
- Most often, the car either has to be in the process of a restoration, or it needs to have already undergone that process so that it has been restored and preserved in its original condition. If you have any questions pertaining to the required condition, call or drop by High Favor Insurance in Birmingham, MI.
If you currently own a classic or antique car or are considering investing in one, you need a plan for insuring and protecting it. While it is an excellent choice to have insurance to protect the car, if you are driving the vehicle at all in Michigan, you are required to purchase a minimum of liability insurance. High Favor Insurance in Birmingham, MI wants to help you find reliable coverage for your classic car, your lifestyle, and your budget. Drop by our office today for an obligation-free quote!