Which kinds of commercial insurance does a small business in Michigan really need?

As a small business owner in Michigan, you know how much work it takes to stay on top of all the things that can go wrong. You need to pay attention to the details and remain vigilant because you are responsible for what happens. Commercial insurance may seem like an inconvenience, but it helps to minimize your risks and let you stay focused on your real business.

At High Favor Insurance, we understand how important it is to be able to find the right protection so you can cut down on unnecessary stress. We also know every business is different, so what works for another small business might not work for yours at all. You may only need basic coverage, while another small business may need additional policies for special risks.

You can save money by combining the two most important kinds of insurance into one package, a Business Owners’ Policy. A BOP will generally provide property protection and general liability insurance, which can protect you from injuries at your business.

Businesses with three or more employees need to have workers’ compensation so they can protect their valued employees who become ill or injured as a result of working there. Anyone driving in Michigan needs to carry auto insurance, and if you are using a vehicle for business, you will need a commercial vehicle policy.

Your insurance coverage also covers the legal fees associated with the claims made against you. Since legal fees can account for more than damages, that takes a lot of pressure off you as the one responsible.

If you have a small business in Michigan, don’t wait to get the coverage you need. If there is extra protection you want to discuss, or if you have questions about an existing policy, please feel free to call High Favor Insurance today.